Monday, February 18, 2013

Lucky Number 13

What better way to pass the time at the infusion center than with a DIY manicure?

Not too shabby
You can stick a fork in herceptin number thirteen 'cause it is D.O.N.E. done. Only four more treatments stand between me and having every third Friday back to myself. But like Dr. B said "Not that I'm counting or anything." 

Speaking of Dr. B (surgical oncologist), I had a great check up with her on Friday and she's given me the okay to come back every 6 months now. She also mentioned that some patients prefer to alter their 6 month check-ups between her and Dr. F (medical oncologist). Seeing one the first six months and the other the second six months. That makes for less doctors appointments throughout the year and less of a reminder of all the suck that is cancer. The other option would be to stagger the 6 month check ups with each doc so that they fall quarterly. Which I'm totally on board with. Two hours out of my day and a $35 co-pay out of my pocket is time and money well spent for someone to tell you Hey... you DON'T have cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment