Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Full Circle (or, What do to with a lemon)

Man, oh, man have I been slacking! There's just so much to get you caught up on. Where to start? Where to start...

Cancerversary number IV sounds like as good a place to start as any. And that just so happened to have been April 12th. A day that will forever... never mind. How about, it was the day I had a core needle biopsy of the yet-to-be-named evil twin. Two words about core needle biopsies: They. Suck. Seriously, I don't think that's anyone's idea of a good time. But! Mom did take me out for pizza after. And then Rob took me to see Tosh. So I guess the day wasn't all bad. 
Tosh Tour Twenty Twelve. Yes, he brings his doggies with him!
How did I spend the day this year? With a pedicure and getting my hair done, of course.
Happy spring-time toes!
 And then what happened? Well... this was actually a relatively school work-free weekend, so...
We celebrated with the birthday girl
And had our first baby sitting adventure with this little guy...
He means business
And had a puppy play date with breast friend, fellow cancer ass-kicker, and all around lovely person ...

This brings us to the next cancerversary... and this a big one. The cancerversary, really. One year ago tomorrow, I called the doctor's office for the biopsy results. The 72 business hours they said it would take for the results had come and gone. I probably should have suspected something when I spoke with the nurse and she said she would have to have the doctor call me. And, well, you know the rest from there. What I forgot to tell you at that time? I still finished up that Spring semester with a 4.0. Not too shabby. 

So I guess it's a pretty good time to say "Thanks!" Thanks to all of you for taking this crazy trip with me. And thanks for helping me remember...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kiki! And through it all, you've amazed your friends and family at your strength and grace. I can only pray for God to give me an ounce of the courage you have. Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete