Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kinda Crazy. Kinda Awesome.

I have to share something totally wacky with you all. Yesterday was my 18th and final round of treatment (more on that in a minute). In honor of, I rocked my Stupid Cancer shirt to the infusion center, and shared a pic with them on their Facebook page. Which they then shared with their 78K followers...
... and here I am, less than 24 hours later. With 58,621 "likes", 504 "shares", and 973 comments. They weren't kidding when they said it'd go viral. So thanks for all the internet love!

UPDATE: I received a message from Stupid Cancer that mine was their most viral photo ever. Viewed over 4 million times, with 450K likes, 6K comments, and 3.5K shares. Not too shabby.

Now, more on Final. Infusion. Ever. By some wild twist of the universe, not only was yesterday my 18th and final treatment, by it was also the one year anniversary of my very first treatment. 
See, here's I am with nurse Lynn May 31st 2012
And here we are one year later. Don't we look fabulous?
The center didn't have a customary end-of-treatment bell to ring... so I improvised with and iPad app. Sure am going to miss these ladies. The chemo... not so much.
Mom was there to keep me company...

...and take me to lunch.

Then I came home to this...
...and these. What can I say? He's a keeper.

Make it a great Saturday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment