Wednesday, May 29, 2013

You can milk anything with nipples



Last week I met with Dr. M for my 3 month-ish (okay, it was more like 11 weeks) post-op follow up. Everything has healed really well from the last surgery... so you know what that means... it's time for the next one!

Next up is nipple reconstruction. Yes, you read that right.
Dr. M will use a local flap, none of that crazy donor site or skin grafting business. I'm scheduled for July 5. Mostly because I'll be finished with my Ethics class by then. And only partly because nothing says Happy Independence Day like a new nip!

I'll be under for about 90 minutes this time. And as a bonus, Dr. M will take my mediport out for me... 'cause after this Friday, I won't be needing it.... ever... again! That's right, my 18th and final dose of Herceptin is just 3 days away.

So, 4 to 6 weeks after the port is out and the new nip is on, I'll have my date with Vinny. Vinny is a former Soldier who tattooed his way through the Army, then eventually found his place as the resident expert on nipple tattooing. Proof positive that you never know where your career will take you.

In the mean time, send me some good vibes today. Dr. S has got me scheduled for a D&C (or, as Mom called it, a dusting & cleaning) with hysteroscopy (hystero-what?) to keep an eye on that endometrium hyperplasia. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Wishing you the absolute best outcome for your operation and the ability to stay awake through Ethics this summer. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had my nipple recon a month ago. I hope that yours goes very well. Bonus to be getting the port out at the same time! Adios to that thing, right!?

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete