Sunday, April 22, 2012

And now for the fun stuff

So this has been a crazy busy weekend. It was supposed to have started with a circus, but instead was dinner with Dad and Rob at Sakura. Which is pretty close to a circus. There's fire and tricks, so... close enough.

Then, on to a bridal shower for my friend Kristen.

Anna, Kristen and I at Kristen's shower
Kristen and I met in 2004 when we worked together at Amen Clinics and both studied psychology at GMU. Though she followed her beau to CT in 2007, we still stay in touch and her Vegas wedding next month will be the party of the year. So the shower was hosted by our mutual friend Anna who Kristen went to high school with and I've known since the early 90's.  

Awesomely home made spread at Anna's
Next stop: Air & Space Museum!

Me and Mom chillin' at the Udvar Hazy
We let Rob tag along, too
Oh, and there was some Discovery shuttle something-or-other there
And the next two weeks show no signs of slowing down. A whole slew of med appointments: Thursday at radiology for an MRI and more imaging, next Monday with the plastic surgeon, and next Thursday with the medical oncologist. What we find out from those appointments will help the surgical oncologist better know what she's diving into and then we'll be able to schedule surgery. 

I'll also be wrapping up and turning over my current job, and getting ready to start my new position. I'll leave the Family Readiness program and start with the Combat Operational Stress Control program on May 7th. Woohoo!

And... the Spring semester at school ends on the 1st! Two more projects left then you can stick a fork in this semester 'cause it will be D - U - N done! And not just this semester, but my entire foundation year will be officially complete. Which means I'm half way there. Next up is my concentration year that I was planning to start this Summer by taking two classes. The Summer semester starts on May 15th and goes for twelve weeks, so I may have to hold off depending on what the docs say. We'll see...

Happy rainy Sunday! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Love you girl - elocution lessons for pee wee - repeat after us, pee wee "the big c can suck it". Good good bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! She'll have to work on that in between tormenting the dogs.

    ReplyDelete