Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chemo Day #6: Another One Bites the Dust

Have we already used Another One Bites the Dust as a chemo theme song? I really should start cataloging these things. Perhaps a chemo playlist? I just might be on to something there. Well, if this is a recycled theme song, then I'll offer this as a consolation song...
And if not, well you just got yourself a bonus song, now didn't you? So what were the highlights of today's last full round of chemo?  In no particular order... First, there are the two new fabulous breast friends I made today. It was lovely meeting you both today, and I'm happy to share with you any of the trade secrets I've picked up along the way so far.... you know, seasoned cancer-pro that I am. Then there was the chair in the private room...sooooooo super comfy. Much more plush than the chairs in the big, open room. Which - even though I had a private room today - I ended up spending most of the morning in the open room anyway... 'cause how else are you supposed to socialize? But then the rest of my chemo crew arrived, so it was back to my room for the par-tay.
Not only did Uncle Jim bring deliciously home-made sandwiches and cookies... he also brought Grandma!
Isn't she precious?
Uncle Jim also brought flowers. Mom thought my IV pole needed a little sprucing up...so voila!
And this is my favorite picture of all, because it's of Grandma YouTube'ing the honey badger.
Then I came home to this goodie basket of fruit and wine and truffles from Laurie and Mark. Which I'm pretty sure if full of antioxidants, therefore are cancer fighting, therefore are good for me. Particularly the wine and the chocolate.
And since I am now an official chemo grad, this is the perfect time for your party reminder. Saturday September 29th. Be there or be square.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics!The honey badger is unstoppable! That's you, Kiki "the Honey Badger"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiki - so nice to be thought of as one of your "breast friends." Thanks for all your advice and, most of all, good spirit. You are an inspiration to a novitiate - me on Day 1 of Chemo. Wishing you years of good health. Come over and see me sometime, neighbor! Amy

    ReplyDelete