Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Very sneaky, #6!

To say I went into round #6 of taxotere and carboplatin with the confidence of a seasoned chemo veteran would be an understatement. Yes... I was feeling every ounce the superhero pictured here in this card from Tim.
Clearly this isn't an exact likeness, as this superhero has a lot more hair and is missing a signature pair of fabulous shoes.
Maybe this last round snuck up on me...just a little bit. Now I know I make this whole chemo thing look super glamorous, but mostly it looks a lot like this...
Seriously, lady, get that thing out of my face.
But it does come with some pretty fabulous accessories. Like these...
For anyone at home wondering "Is 31 too old for hand-crocheted bunny slippers?" Obviously the answer is "No." It's also not too old for your mom to bring you lunch. Or help you with your laundry. Or watch Mr. Popper's Penguins with you.
The fog of #6 is almost lifted (almost)... just in time for this vicious storm that is about the pound the mid-Atlantic. Also in time for a luxurious five weeks of R-n-R before the next big adventure in this tale of cancer ass-kickin'. But before you go thinking it'll be all MTV Spring Break: Chemo edition for these next few weeks, here's what Team Cancer Sucks has on tap...
  • A follow-up Echocardiogram. Remember when I had one of those about 4 months ago to make sure my heart was healthy enough to be poisoned? Well now it's time to go back and make sure it's still healthy enough for surgery and 11 more rounds of herceptin.  

  • Round #7 of herceptin. Now I know I got you all excited about last week being my last round of chemo... and it was, sort of. It was my last round of the really nasty, make your hair fall out and your taste buds go on hiatus, kind of chemo. But I still get to take 11 more spins around the dance floor with my good friend herceptin to keep those ugly HER2 cells shakin' in their boots. So me and the big H? We'll be sisters from another mister until May of next year.

  • Pre-op appointment with the reconstructive surgeon. If this appointment is anything like the initial consult, it will involve a really graphic slide presentation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment