Friday, December 7, 2012

On the twelfth day of Christmas

My true love gave to me
(sing it with me now!)
Twelve weeks since chemo
Ten rounds of Herceptin
Six weeks since surgery
Three PT sessions
and 40 more CCs of saaaaaaaaaline

Rob and I finally made it back to the gym this week. Not too shabby for 6 weeks post-op, I'd say. I'd also say that 30 minutes of cardio...kicked...my...ass. Also, our gym opened a beautiful new facility complete with swimming and basketball. Neither of which I actually do, but I'm glad to see our membership money is well spent. And they've cleverly placed all of the cardio machines at the top of three flights of stairs. So I kinda feel like my workout is half-way finished before I've officially started.

In other news, my physical therapist is awesome. And only partially because she tells me I'm the smallest patient she's worked with. Which is only a little ironic, because I must have at least 15 - 20 pounds on her. She's tiny, but awesome. And my arm is already moving much more easily, which is also awesome.

What's not-so-awesome is still waiting on the verdict about radiation. To say Dr. G is very thorough would be an understatement. I like that about her. Despite exhaustive research, the risks versus benefits scale is still pretty evenly balanced. So I'll meet with a different Rad Onc next week and see what she has to say.

In the meantime, I got what should be my last saline injection in my tissue expanders yesterday. Another 40 cc's each side... I think. I wasn't really paying that close of attention. Let's just say, they feel quite full. TMI, you say?

Well on that note, I'll leave you with this picture of me and Mom waiting for Santa at the train station...
Unfortunately, we could not get Rob on a pair of ice skates. So you'll just have to settle for THIS ALBUM of other Christmas magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment