Sunday, January 20, 2013

Post-chemo haircut!

As you may or may not have guessed from this post's title... I had my first post-chemo haircut this weekend! Pretty exciting after only four months to have enough hair worth cutting. Sort of. So I walked into the salon with these pictures in hand.
Thank you Ginnifer, Michelle, Emma, and Anne for taking a little boy's haircut and making it look fabulous on grown women.
Natalia at Statements was wonderful and adorable. And adorably wonderful. We talked about her 180 lbs Great Dane - which I'm pretty sure is double her size - and his more petite 140 lbs litter mate. She mentioned I may not notice that much difference with this first cut...
...but I'd say she nailed it.

In other equally as exciting news, Rob and I finally got our flu shots! And according to the ACS and the CDC, so should you! At least if you want to come anywhere near me anyway. Here's what the ACS has to say about cancer and the flu...

"The CDC recommends that people who live with or care for a person at high risk for flu-related problems get the vaccine. This means that if you are being treated for cancer, your family members, caregivers, and children at home should get the flu shot, too."

Now while you're out searching for vaccines, I'll be right here finding other ways to procrastinate starting all the work I have due for class this week. Which is exactly why things like this exist on the internet...
Happy Sunday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. it looks awesome!

    I just had my first post-chemo haircut a few weeks ago too... Yay for having hair again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my condition sway your decision on getting a flu shot???.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks adorable!! I'm 9.5 months post chemo and now it's so shaggy I don't know how to style it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I'm finding that a little hair product goes a long way these days :-)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the short hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good artcile, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting. barber shop

    ReplyDelete