Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What a difference a year makes: Part I

Believe or not, we're coming up on major some cancer anniversaries (or cancerversaries, if you prefer) here. So I thought I'd start a mini-series of "This time last year..." or "Hey, you remember that time..." These are all still working titles, of course. So without further adieu...

Cancerversarie #1: On this day last year, I was sitting in my Gyn's office. I was due for my annual exam and I'd felt something weird in the evil twin the week before while we were vacationing in Puerto Rico. (Of course, we didn't know it was the evil twin yet). Dr. S felt the weirdness, too. Said it was probably nothing, but have it checked out just to be sure. And away I went with an order for a mammogram and ultrasound in hand. 

Boy was she wrong!

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 15th(ish) March, 2012. Click HERE for the rest of our Puerto Rican adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember how I got to your blog! Via another survivor probably ;) This post struck a cord with me because I had the exact same "it's probably nothing" conversation with my OBGYN.
    Many hugs to you on your cancerversary!
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete