Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy...ummm...birthday?

I have officially been cancer-free for 365 days!!! And while out celebrating tonight with the fam, our waiter - Phil - asked if there was a special occasion  for our get-together tonight like a birthday. Well... yeah, I guess it kinda was like a birthday. There was family and cake and candles and gifts. Sounds like a birthday to me. 
Family? Check!
Cake? Check!
So I got to wondering how other people have celebrated an entire year of being foot-loose and cancer-free. In case you're curious, too, here are a few results you get when Googling "how to celebrate 1 year cancer-free". 

  1. Get a tattoo
  2. Plant a tree
  3. Organize a blood drive 
"A Year in the Life of Cancer"
So none of that does much to help answer Phil the Waiters question. But, a birthday? Sure! Why the heck not? Happy 1st Cancer-Birthday to me!


1 comment:

  1. Best thing I've read all day! Congratulations to you Kiki...definitely worth celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete