Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pink Ribbons and Pink Slips: Day 13

Lucky number 13. What's so lucky about it? you ask. What's lucky is my forlough only lasted 4 days and I've been back at work for a week. Allow me to recap...

Last Saturday, we were partying the night away, celebrating the wedding of these two fine folks.  When, low and behold, our SECDEF had had about enough Congressional foolishness with this shutdown. Shortly thereafter, they passed the Pay Our Military Act, which called my butt back into work bright and early Monday morning. If only ol' Chuck could do something about the rest of the Congressional foolishness. 
Awesome wedding, y'all. You should totally get married more often.
And now I've got to do a little bragging about the good kind of pink ribbons. Today my oldest brother, niece, and her beau participated in the ACS's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. If there's one cancer organization you support this year, let it be the American Cancer Society. They don't play favorites when it comes to cancers ('cause there are no "good" cancers, they all suck!) and I've had the benefit of their programs and services first hand.
How awesome are they?!?
Really hoping that is far less permanent and painful that it looks.
Aaaaaannnnnddddd...remember that Chicago Tribune article I mentioned a couple weeks back? <drum roll please> It's been published!
Click HERE for the full article.


No comments:

Post a Comment