Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pink Ribbons and Pink Slips: Day 2

In the true nature of The Big "C" Can Suck It!, I feel a certain obligation to point out the ridiculousness and hilarity of this overlapping Pinktober and Government Shutdown. Of course, my inner social worker won't let me not pass on some good resources as I come across them. Starting with this handy dandy fact sheet on how and when to file for unemployment insurance benefits for my fellow Virginia furlough-ees. So this new mini-series I've titled "Pink Ribbons and Pink Slips" will (hopefully) be helpful, definitely be irreverent, and maybe even a little entertaining. Starting with this...
Is that a young, adorably disheveled Chris O'Dowd? Aka my other pretend boyfriend?
So what have I been doing with myself as I officially approach hour 24 of furlough (our offices were shutdown at noon yesterday)? If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you already know the answer to that question...
Sick of this meme yet? Yea, me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment