Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wake me up when Pinktober ends.

+

Wait...the federal government is shutting down today AND it's the start of Pinktober? Talk about the double-whammy of suck! In lieu of the ever-present pink ribbon, this year for Breast Cancer Awareness Month I've decided to adopt a logo that I think better represents the suck-fest that is cancer. I think this is a better fit...

Yup, kicked its ass.
Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't appreciate the pink ribbon sentiment. It's just a little inaccurate. For all of it's fundraising and awareness-raising, the ACA still predicts over 232K new cases of breast cancer in 2013 and almost 40K breast cancer deaths. So, instead of the pink ribbon and, well, pink everything else in the Northern hemisphere, try this on for size this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment