Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Florida recap

We've been home from Florida for almost a week, and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. So without further adieu...here's Pompano!

Our Spirit Air flight was delayed 3 hours. But by the time we boarded, we were still in good spirits! Get it? Ahh...stick around, the jokes get much worse.
Finally in Pompano, it was time for some pool-side action next to the tiki bar. And wouldn't ya know...we were just in time for karaoke.
Alas, there was no karaoke action for this girl. But an early night in was followed by an eggceptional brunch with Mom, Monica and Clint.  
Brunch brought with it a torrential down pour...kinda a bummer when you're at an ocean-front resort. So we headed into Lauderdale for the Museum of Discovery and Science where I tried my hand at the Cyber Knife.
That's right. Even while on vacation I'm still kickin' cancer's ass.
The next day we went north, into lion country. Actually, it was West Palm Beach. But we were at Lion Country Safari. Pictured here: Jordon being very brave for coming into the lorikeet aviary with us.  
Pictured here: Me with a vicious attack lorikeet
See that giraffe over Mom's right shoulder? Once it realized we were out of lettuce, it wasn' sticking around for the photo-op.
And our last day was spent at Butterfly World. Time really few by.
  Can't get enough of my Florida adventure? Check out the full album HERE.



2 comments:

  1. Nice pics...I love West Palm Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally catching up on your blog - and let me just say the following:

    1) I have cankles and I don't even have cancer to blame for it.

    2) You still look better in a bathing suit than I do.

    3) The red hat is FABulous!

    4) I'm from S. Florida and recognize everywhere you went - glad you loved it - to me, that's my lil' version of hell.

    5) Can't wait to rub your bald head when I see you when school starts.

    You are awesome.

    Caren Appel

    ReplyDelete