Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Redskins All-Star Survivors Celebration

First things first. To everyone on Facebook, I apologize for jamming up your newsfeed with all things Washington Redskins for the last two days.

For anyone not on Facebook and have no idea what I'm talking about... here's what you missed.

The American Cancer Society and the Washington Redskins hosted an event at Redskins Park called the All-Star Survivors Celebration. The fifth-annual, to be exact. Right here is where I'd normally take the time to describe the event in great detail, along with 27 8x10 color glossy photographs. But... since WJLA and WTOP already went through the trouble, I'll let them tell you all about it.

Click HERE for the news story that aired on ABC News 7

HERE for the WTOP article,  
More than pink cleats: Redskins take breast cancer tribute personally

HERE for the redskins.com article,  
Cooley Returns For All-Star Survivor Event (be sure to watch the video, too)

And HERE for the Redskins blog post,  
Survivors Celebration Fun Time For All 

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the day. You can check out the rest of my album HERE
Alyssa was my "care taker" for the day. And by "care taker" I mean she helped me carry all the great stuff they gave us, volunteered me for interviews with local media, and talked to the players about their shoes and their favorite fast food restaurants. Here we are with #92 Chris Baker, #90 Doug Worthington (and you think Rob is tall), and #46 Alfred Morris.
Doug - we're on a first name basis now, I can call him Doug - anyway, Doug gave us a tour of the facilities. Including the locker room. And let us try on his gear.
Alyssa opted for holding the helmet - ponytails and helmets do not work well together (non-bald people problems). And Mrs. Daniel Snyder (you can call her Tanya) joined us for a photo.
 Now if you'll excuse me... I've got a whole lotta thank you notes to write.




1 comment:

  1. Have an amazing time on Sunday! You are a rock star <3

    ReplyDelete