Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today was brought to you by the number FOUR

That's right, if you've been playing along at home, you may notice that tomorrow marks my FOUR week final-chemo-versary. So what have I been doing with the luxury that not going to chemo has granted me? 

First I had to recover from #6 - that sneaky little bastard. Bouncing back took a little bit longer than I expected. And the nurses are seriously not kidding when they say chemo effects are cumulative. Random side effect of this round? Bruising underneath the nail of my big toe on my left foot (aka fat foot). I'll spare you a photograph here. Pedicures are a no-no during chemo (high risk of infection) and these little piggies are not ready for their close-up, Mr. Demille

Anyway... weird bruised toenail aside, Rob and I spent Sunday cheering for the 'Skins.

What's that? You do your cheering from the stands? Don't be silly, the endzone is where it's at. Click HERE for more football goodness.
As if that wasn't enough excitement, I've also been growing a little bit of hair. Sort of. See?

Okay, so it kinda looks like a weird shadow here. But I promise you, that is actual hair you see there.
Next up in the power of four? Yoga on the Steps is just FOUR very short - and very chilly - days away. Whose idea was it to set the thermostat to Fall, anyway? Fortunately the weather in DC is supposed to be beautiful on Sunday. And... fortunately YOU still have FOUR days to join the Young Survival Coalition team.

Click HERE to join my team!

Thanks to your generosity, my fundraising goal has been blown out of the water. If you haven't had the opportunity to donate to a fantastic organization that helps those diagnosed with breast cancer... lucky for you here's another chance! My brother Dave is walking the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.

Click HERE for Dave's fundraising page and to make a donation. 

That's all I've got for you today. It's time to go watch Animal Practice. Hey...isn't that on channel FOUR? Okay, now I'm just creeping myself out. 
Honestly, what's funnier than a monkey wearing scrubs? Nothing, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment