Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Last night I was about half way through reading Nordie's at Noon when I got to the chapter on recurrence. Did you know that once you're diagnosed with breast cancer, you're never officially pronounced cured? It's a really good indicator when you reach your 5 years anniversary without any recurrence, and even better once you get to 10, but you're never fully and officially cured.  

What kind of bullshit is that?!?

So I promptly stopped reading that chapter. And decided that today I would share with you some things that have made me smile lately (that chapter of NaNoon not being one of them.)

First, this dragonfly from San Diego. Yes, I know, it's physics or gravity or something that makes it balance practically anywhere. But to me, it's magic (kinda like the internet). Also the best $4.99 I've spent in a long time. And Mom, if you're reading, there just may be a white and pink one of these in your not-so-distant future.
This arrived in the mail from Aunt Judy in Valentine, Virginia while I was traveling last week. How can anything that comes out of Valentine, Virginia not make you smile?
My brother Dave brought this back from Hawaii to his daughter (my niece), Jordon, who then decided that I needed to have it. Think she's trying to tell me something?
Sometimes you just have to buy the rhinestone covered ballet flats from Target... particularly when they're on clearance for $13.78. What girl doesn't need sparkly shoes to wear to chemo?
Also, I wanted to share with you all a date to mark on your calendars. Saturday June 16th. That's the day of my big haircut, so Rob and I will be planning some kind of festivities. Most likely in the Fredericksburg area. Most likely with some sort of theme (crazy hats anyone?) And most definitely involving lots of food and appropriate amounts of libations.

Until then, the count-down to chemo begins. T minus 39 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Well my sweet Babylove, nobody like you has ever had the cancer before either!! How soon we seem to forget "the criteria"... I take special interest in getting you back to 100% as it bugs me not to be the only thing in this world being a pain in your arse! ;-)

    ReplyDelete