Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hey you kids get off my lawn!

Okay. I have to take a minute to brag on Rob, who most of the time does not suck as a husband. He did an awesome job of turning our yard into a super comfy place for me to relax and enjoy the sunshine (but not too much sunshine) on the days when I won't be up for doing much else.
Here's the front



And here's the back
So glad I don't know how to operate the lawn mower
Hey you kids get off my lawn!
Check out more photos HERE.

So while he was busy with that, I was busy doing equally important things. Like getting a pedicure and drinking wine!

You see, there's this whole long list of things you're not supposed to do during chemo and pedicures are one of them. Also on that list? Eating meats and seafoods that are raw or undercooked. So I've been eating the heck out of some sushi this week! Too much direct sun is also a no-no.

But what's the really disappointing part?

We'll be staying at the Stratosphere, home of Sky Jump Las Vegas (seriously, watch this video, it's awesome). And my docs expect me to stay at a hotel that offers a 108 floor free-fall and not take advantage of it???

I can see my house from here!
Well... I wasn't actually told I couldn't, just that the harness might be a little uncomfortable on my port and that maybe I should save Sky Jump for another Vegas trip.

But you all won't tell on me....right?

Anyway, that's enough about landscaping and jumping off towers. It's time for s'more wine! We discovered a new (to us) vineyard out in Middleburg.

We hopped on the bike...
... and rode to Chrysalis Vineyard.
Where we saw some cows...
...listened to some jazz...
...and ate some barbeque.
This is my barbeque eatin' shirt

So that was our weekend. How was yours?

6 comments:

  1. Wait, no pedicures? Oh HELL no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding job! I hope Gin doesn't see this. Mulching has been on her short list for quite a while. I could be categorized as the husband that does suck! Let me know if you need a hand with anything (just don't tell)
    Miss you guys...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.....I will never tell....Can't wait to see you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yard looks amazing. Rob you must have really worked hard supervising ;) Great looking home with a Great looking yard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yard looks great! I would be happy just to have something, anything green covering my dirt...lol

    ReplyDelete