Monday, May 28, 2012

Whew!

Oh my gosh, where to start as I'm back from a whirlwind week of travel?!? How's about another photo recap, shall we?

The week started in San Diego at the 3rd annual COSC Conference. That's BGen Hedelund speaking. He's the head of Marine & Family Programs at HQMC and is my boss's, boss's boss. 
Each year we stay at the Town & Country, which (if you're in a tower room) looks a lot like this.
This nice thing about the Town & Country is that this is the view from the other side. The conference didn't leave much down time, but I still managed to sneak in a quick walk over to Fashion Valley...
... and reward myself for all of my hard work.
Then it was off to fabulous Las Vegas...
...to celebrate Kristen and Ryan's wedding.
They hosted a delicious rehearsal dinner at Trevi...
... and a beautiful ceremony in the Tuscana Chapel at Caesar's Palace (where personal photography was not permitted, but I was able to sneak in one quick pic.) 
After the ceremony, Cleopatra and Caesar guided us to the reception.
At the reception, there was a lot this...
... some of this ...
... a little bit of that ...
... and a whole lotta this!
And you definitely can't forget this. How awesome are they? 
And speaking of awesome, my sister-in-law is running the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure in DC on Saturday June 2nd. Click HERE to find out more or to help their team raise funds.

As much as I would love to join their team, I will be taking it easy this weekend. My first round of TCH (not to be confused with THC, which sounds like a lot more fun) is on Thursday and my first date with Neulasta is Friday, so I'm expecting to feel like crap by Saturday. But keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't suck too badly!

Not to worry, though, Rob and I will be sure to keep everyone updated. All of your comments, emails, phone calls, texts, and cards are just incredible! I may not reply as quickly as I'd like, but please keep 'em coming. They seriously make my day and we can't thank you enough!

And last, but not least...

Thank you, Kristen and Ryan, for making us a part of your celebration. We are so, so happy for you and couldn't love you both more!
Have a happy Memorial Day and a great week everyone!







1 comment:

  1. Is there anything that we shouldn't send you? (i.e. things that smell, things that bite, barrettes)?

    ReplyDelete