Monday, May 7, 2012

Keep on keepin' on

No new information today, really. Just a couple of quick updates (i.e. things I meant to post sooner but forgot.)

#1 Got a call from Grace the Genetic Counselor last Thursday. The gene test was... negative! Yay! So I don't have the BRCA gene mutation. Which is great. But also means that my diagnosis is just that much more of a fluke.

#2 The types of chemo drugs I'll be starting are Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin, and Neulasta.

#3 I took most of the dressing off my port last night, and it doesn't look at all bad. See?
Okay, it's still really red because I just took the bandage off. It did not come off willingly.

Extreme Close Up! See that bump right there? That's braile for OUCH!
I'm a little brain-fried right now from spending the entire day in HR transferring all of my employee records to the new position. But I did get to spend about an hour today with my new team and it already feels like home. Everyone is in high-gear getting ready for the COSC Conference in San Diego at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll get the okay to travel. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Here is a quick run down of what your drugs do in case the doctor didn't tell you:
    Taxotere-Helps you do your taxes with more accuracy. Don't forget to itemize if your medical expenses exceed 20% of your AGI!
    Carboplatin-You won't be eating as many carbs, because you'll be on a steady diet of bacon, so this helps supplement.
    Herceptin-Allows you to perform Herculean feats, such as lifting the couch in order to retrieve the dog that has hidden under it.
    Neulasta-Increases your ghetto-fabulosity. Oooh girl, Neulasta--it'll last ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget a healthy dose of Fukitol... for when life just blows.

      Delete