Thursday, August 23, 2012

UPDATE! Free Stuff: Part Two

Here are a few more freebies I've come across.



I've just filled out the online request form, which was very simple and straight forward. I provided a little info about myself (reason for medical hair loss, name of hospital and doctor, etc.) and my top 3 choice of wraps from a selection of almost 60 colors and patterns.

Their site says my request should be confirmed in 48 to 72 hours and to contact  info@goodwishesscarves.org or 888-778-5998 with any issues. I'll post an update as soon as I receive my wrap!

UPDATE! I submitted by my request on 17 July, and yesterday received this email:

Yesterday, August 22nd, we sent out a beautiful It’s A Wrap.  Affixed to one of the tails of the Wrap you will find a small Swarovski Good Wishes fairy as a symbol of hope and Good Wishes from our team.
 
Please know that we are still sending our best wishes.
I'll post a photo when it arrives.

UPDATE 24 Aug '12: Not only did Good Wishes send this beautiful silk wrap, it was accompanied by a hand-signed get well card.
So to Taylor, Melissa, Debbie, Susie, Sienna, Mandy, Serina, Aldi, Maddie, Linda, Haley, Kemberly, Andrea, Allie, Gwen, Vikki, Kari, and Jackie... THANK YOU!

Inova is hosting their Annual Breast Health Awareness Game and Auction on 16 Sept and is providing 2 complementary tickets, along with a t-shirt, to the game. 
This book has been called the breast cancer bible. I've read about it many times, I've just never gotten around to buying a copy. And I guess it's a good thing I haven't, because I received a copy yesterday in my goodie bag from rad onc at the Inova Alexandria Cancer Center.



1 comment:

  1. I wish they did the free wrap scarfs in Canada! Darn...

    Just found your blog as I just added mine to Blog Nation as well... look forward to reading some of your story. Another youngin' like me!

    Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete