Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chemo Day #5: Back in the Saddle Again

FIVE down, only ONE to go! Can I get a Hell Yeah? So this post should probably actually be several different posts. But I'm feeling kinda lazy, so hang on for a bumpy (read confusing) ride.

Part 1

Today's anthem is brought to you by none other than Boston's finest, Mr. Steven Tyler.
Or should I say Ms., as Steven looks more and more like an old Jewish woman with every Burger King commercial and appearance on American Idol. That's okay, Steven, I still love you. Rob was totally on the photo-journalism ball today and got lots of photos. Here are a few of Nurse Betsy (not to be confused with Nurse Betty - I hope) prepping my port.
I put a big ol' blob of emla on the port site before I leave the house, so I don't feel a  thing when the needle goes in.
I remember Rob getting a little trigger happy with the camera this morning, but I definitely don't remember flipping him the bird.
Pictured here: Me smiling like I can't taste the saline that's being pushed through my port to flush it.
Then Alyssa came for the lunch shift. I'm kinda glad she was speeding, because she brought yummy Panera treats. But I'm even more glad that she played the I'm on my way to visit my friend at chemo card to get out of the ticket when she was pulled over. Pictured here: her written warning. 
And here were are sans speeding warning. Yes, yes we did both go to the same school of turn to the side and keep your arms away from your body so that you'll look thin and fabulous posing for photos.
Of course I had to get a pic with my fabulous new friend, Marcella. Today was her last day of chemo!
So not only did Alyssa bring lunch (because she's awesome), she also brought dinner (because she's fabulous). But I must give credit where credit is due. To Chris for the lemon cupcakes with blackberry frosting. And to Lothar for the iron-rich beef.
Lothar and his mighty fine meats.
Part 2
I'm a day late in your monthly reminder of our I Survived 2012 party, so here you go. Less than 4 months away... mark your calendar for December 22nd!
Part 3
We're also planning some sort of post-chemo casual celebration. Likely the weekend of 29 Sept or 6 Oct. Likely at Giorgio's or somewhere equally near our house. You'll get an invite once I've figured out the details. But consider this your very loosely stated save-the-date.
Part 4
My feet are fat again.
This is what they looked like yesterday. Not as bad today, but it still takes a lot of effort to cram into the really cute shoes.
Super cute, I know. It seems they are none too fond of my return to PT. Monday my co-worker and I decided to "do the stairs" in our 6 floor office building. Three rounds of climbing 6 floors of stairs. Tuesday evening Rob and I discovered a new walking path that included part of the golf course. We walked for about 40 minutes. And Wednesday morning my feet were all like Hey, eff you! Small price to pay.
Part 5
I'm fairly certain I had a part 5. Yup... and now it's gone. So I guess I'll just leave you with Happy Friday Eve!
 

4 comments:

  1. You handled yesterday like a seasoned veteran making the all-star team! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hang with you all this weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hang with you all this weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not even notice you flicking Rob off when I was checking out the pictures on your phone. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete