Friday, June 22, 2012

Chemo Day two: I am Titanium!

Shoot me down, but I won't fall!

Thursday began treatment cycle #2, and you know what that means... I'm 1/3 the way there! Can I get a HELL YEAH?!?

It was a good day. All of my bags went faster (six bags in five hours). In large part to Mom's prayer shawls (more on that in a bit), I met and chatted with some other really lovely ladies also receiving treatment. And Harlene was my nurse.
I wear sparkly clothes for her, she wears pink leopard-print socks for me. It's a fair trade.
Then Mom came for the changing of the guards (i.e. to bring lunch and give Rob a break.)
Prayer shawls, you say?
Mom has been contributing her time and her talents with a group of women at her church who hand-knit prayer shawls for distribution throughout the community.
Each shawl comes with this really nice note.
So I got to feel like the Summer Time Santa (and not the creepy one who ran an ice cream truck in our neighborhood back in Fredericksburg... but more on that later... actually, probably not) walking in with a huge bag of shawls yesterday. Which also double quite nicely as lap blankies.

It's important to note here that the green one pictured above is not Mom's handi-work. When she handed me the bag o' shawls, she said she wasn't going to tell me which ones were hers because she didn't want me to be biased. So I immediately picked out the three (out of a dozen or so) that were unmistakeably (to my trained eye) her work, and made sure they went home with my three new chemo buddies. There's no fooling me, Mom, I've seen/worn/used your work for over 30 years now!

And now... Free Stuff!

UPDATE! If you care to join me on Chemo Days 4 (Aug 2) or 5 (Aug 23) leave a comment HERE or HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment