Monday, June 11, 2012

Mmm Mmm Good!

You may remember that recently I received a copy of the Betty Crocker Living With Cancer Cookbook from Alyssa and Chris. And if you don't remember, seriously, you should look in to that 'cause it was just last week. Anyway, I dove right into it this weekend. Here are the results...
First I made the Blueberry Bake. You're probably thinking "Those are some mighty strange looking blueberries." That's 'cause they're strawberries. And they're delicious!
Then I made Macaroni Pasta "Soup". I'm not exactly sure which part is the "soup", 'cause this is basically mac'n'cheese that's light on the cheese and heavy on the milk. I haven't tried it yet, but I have several portions in the fridge, so hopefully it's tasty.
Next I tried my hand at the Zesty Autumn Stew. Despite my defying the seasonality of this dish, it was quite good. I swapped out the cajun seasoning the recipe called for and used a mesquite bourbon packet I had on hand. Zesty for sure!
And the Broccoli Bacon Salad was a cool compliment to the zesty stew. Plus, it's made with bacon, and in my book bacon = awesome.
No complaints from Mom or Rob (my trusting culinary guinea pigs), so I'd say the menu was a success.

What did YOU do this weekend? Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad the cookbook was possibly helpful! I will come eat macaroni and cheese "soup" (if that's what we're calling it) anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac & Cheese soup was awesome. The next day I decided to go whiskey tango and added a hotdog!

      Delete